As you may know, Target Corporation released a statement reporting a data breach on debit and credit cards that its customers used to make purchases in their stores from November 27th through December 15, 2013. Unfortunately, some Memorial Employees FCU cards may have been affected by Target's security breach.
What you need to know:
- If your card is at risk you will be notified either by letter or phone call from the MEFCU plastic cards department
- You may continue to use your current debit or credit card
- Your security is of the utmost importance to us. We use fraud monitoring tools to helps us identify accounts with unusual spending patterns and ATM usage
- There have been reported phishing emails related to the Target breach. The emails look like they are from Target and play on the fears of the public that they may have had their card compromised. DO NOT OPEN any links that may be included in these emails as that could potentially allow additional access to your personal information
What you should do:
- Monitor your accounts daily with our online banking service
- Review your monthly and quarterly statements
- Report any unauthorized activity immediately to the number on the back of the debit card or credit card.
Rest assured, we will continue to maintain our high standard of security to protect your accounts.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your continued support.